Last updated on [March 12, 2019]
We encourage all our players to report rule breaking. However, we ask that you try and solve the issue among yourselves before reporting it to the GM team.
These rules are subject to change and will be updated as seen fit.
- Players must be able to write and understand simple English. We do not ask for perfection, but a high enough level to be able to communicate with others. GMs will be speaking to you in English and we expect you to translate any GM communication to your understanding.
The following are the core server rules. Failure to comply will result in a permanent account ban:
- Do not conduct real money transactions (RMT) or trade items, accounts, services or in-game currency between other servers/games. This rule applies outside the game as well and will result in a permanent ban for all players involved.
- Do not joke about RMT or it will be treated as an RMT case.
- Do not attempt to sell or trade your account to another player.
- Do not automate game-play. This includes and is not limited to using third-party tools and macro software, or placing a weight on your keyboard to press keys for you. Any use of auto-teleport scripts, auto-feeders, auto-pots, auto-farming scripts and similar is stictly prohibited.
- Do not impersonate GMs. This includes using homunculus and pet names.
- Do not make statements for a GM, including misinforming players and pretending a GM said something.
- Do not advertise other servers. Talking about official servers is allowed, but actively promoting them is not.
- Do not exploit bugs. Report them immediately to any GM through the forum or directly via Nova Discord.
- Do not assist or tolerate rule breaking. Anybody caught not reporting a known rule-breaker will receive the same punishment as the rule-breaker.
- Do not abuse daily rewards. Players caught claiming daily rewards more than once will be banned.
- Any chargebacks on Nova Point purchases via Paypal, Stripe or PaymentWall will result in account suspension.
- If you wish to return your account to good standing, you must cancel the chargeback if the case has not yet been decided, or re-send the original payment for the Nova Points you received.
Failure to comply to any other rules will result the appropriate punishment, which may or may not include a permanent ban.
- Do not scam other players. Stealing items or keeping borrowed gears may result in a permanent ban.
- You are encouraged to report players who scam you in a player report.
- Account sharing is discouraged and you are fully responsible for the actions of whoever is playing on your account.
- Lending of items or zeny to other players is at your own risk.
- In all cases, the disputed items and characters will be lost and will not be returned.
- Do not grief other players. This applies to PvM, PvP and social interactions.
- Be respectful. This goes towards players, staff, the server, other people's opinions, etc. You are allowed to argue for yourself, but please stay respectful while doing so.
- Punishment and conflict resolution is to be kept private between the sanctioned player and the GM team.
- Punishments are subject to the staff's discretion. Any form of questioning after the staff has come to a resolution from either the sanctioned or a third party can result to punishment.
- Rules are not limited to those written here. Just because it is not specifically mentioned does not mean it is allowed. Use common sense.
- Prontera and #main are English only zones. Other languages are allowed in any other areas.
- Insulting, racism, sexism, discrimination, excessive swearing or any other offending comments can result in punishment. This applies in all chats, including #main, and shop names.
- Do not use inappropriate names for your character. The same applies for your pet name, homunculus name, party name, guild name/title and its emblem.
- Do not beg for items or zeny from players or GMs. Asking for help is alright, but flat out asking for items (or zeny) is not.
- Do not harass other players. Harassment is defined as unwanted attention including repeated messaging, stalking, blackmail, etc.
- You may block the player from messaging you by using
- If the player continues to harass you, please submit a player report.
- You may block the player from messaging you by using
- Do not trade or send friend requests on PvP and WoE maps. You can use @noask or /notrade to prevent being harassed like this.
- Do not spam any of the channels.
- Do not converse about politics, religion or explicit sexual topics on any of the channels.
- Use the appropriate channels:
- #lfg: If you are looking for a party, group or guild.
- #trade: If you are buying or selling items. Do not send fake messages and sell items you don't own.
- #support: If you require help. Joking or trolling is not allowed in #support.
- #main: For casual talk.
- #portuguese/#tagalog/#spanish/etc: Use the correct language for each one of those.
- Do not set absurd prices to reserve your vending spot.
- You are allowed to open a shop/chatroom anywhere, except for these restrictions:
- Do not open a shop in Eden or Prontera.
- Do not open a chat in the middle of Prontera.
- Do not block the visibility of a NPC or a portal. You will be kicked.
- Do not open a shop near the spawn points of towns. You will be kicked.
- MvPs are considered free-for-all.
- Do not use skills to hinder others from participating in killing a MvP. Here are a few common examples:
- Do not use Warp Portal to attempt to warp players away.
- Do not cast Pneuma on the MvP to prevent ranged attacks from hitting the mob.
- Do not purposely rude attack the MvP to make it teleport.
- Do not hit monsters that belong to another player (kill-stealing). A monster belongs to another player if it is attacking or following him.
- MvPs are excluded from this rule.
- Seasonal event mobs are free-for-all.
- GM hosted events are free-for-all, unless stated otherwise by the GM.
- Homunculus must also follow these rules. Make sure it is not set to KS mode (AzzyAIConfig > Homunculus Tactics > Kill-steal > Never).
- Use @noks to prevent other players from kill-stealing the monster you are attacking or tanking.
- Do not "hoard" monsters. If you choose to lure a large amount of monsters, you must kill them within a reasonable amount of time.
- Do not drop monsters on other players. This rule applies even if the player is AFK.
- Do not farm while being AFK (this includes macros, using reflect gears, etc). You must be actively interacting with the game while farming.
- By being AFK, we also imply alt-tabbing to watch a movie, playing on another client, chatting with someone else, etc.
- Do not loot items that do not belong to you. This rule does not apply for MvP loot; please use @autoloot to prevent other players from grabbing your items.
- Loot becomes free-for-all once the player has left the visible area.
- Homunculus loot belongs to the homunculus owner.
- Do not dual-client in battlegrounds.
- Do not AFK in battlegrounds.
- Do not grief in battlegrounds, such as by losing matches on purpose.
- War of Emperium has its own set of rules
- Do not automate game-play. Using third-party and macro software is strictly prohibited, as is placing a weight on your keyboard to press keys for you. This includes and is not limited to installing auto-teleport scripts, auto-feeders, auto-pots and auto-farming scripts. Players who automatize tasks in any such way will be permanently banned.
- If you notice another player using third-party tools, please report it immediately to an online GM in game or on discord. Do not advertise your findings or suspicions in public space such as in #main.
- If no GMs are available, submit a player report and include as many details as possible (such as map name, class or skills cast). Replays containing this information are appreciated but not required.
- Do not modify your game client.
- Do not modify your game files. Any modification that gives you an unfair advantage is not allowed (ex: altering sprites for skill delays, etc).
- The exception to this rule is harmless cosmetic changes, such changing the colour and shape of your aura.
- The NovaRO Team doesn't endorse GRF editing nor do we offer support for it, as such edits can possibly damage your game installation.
- Tokei's graymap GRF is available on the NovaRO forum.